2 Day Colorado Fly Fishing School! Call 720-851-4665 for Purchase, Details & Booking!
$295/person for two full days of Professional Instruction
Dates: Every Weekend April through November!
How To Sign Up: Once payment is received, you can choose any weekend class from April through November. The classes are consecutive and will build on each other from one day to the next.
Our two day Colorado fly fishing school is an enjoyable, beginner friendly fly fishing experience. Schools are held every weekend from May through November and can be scheduled at your convenience or offered as a gift certificate. Our fly fishing school is a fantastic way to, get a jump start into fly fishing, correct bad casting habits, and/or brush up on your fishing skills. No previous fly fishing experience is required and we will provide core gear items if you do not have them (wader, boots, rods, reels etc).
The course is instructed by professional guides and competition anglers that hold a genuine passion for teaching fly fishing. Having taught 1,000’s of people how to fly fish, we have developed a proven system of teaching that will allow you to leave the class with the skills and knowledge to go out on your own and have a successful day fly fishing.
Saturday Itinerary: Classroom, Knots and Rigging, Casting 8AM-5PM.
This class will provide for a full day of comprehensive slide shows and instruction covering everything to include…(This is an informal schedule, the exact times and order may vary)
- 8-9:00: Understanding & Choosing Equipment
- 9-10:00: Reading Water, Types of Rivers, Trout Habitat
- 10-11:00: Fly Fishing Entomology: What do trout eat?
- 11-11:30: Choosing Flies to Match hatches and conditions
- 11:30-12:30: Lunch Break, Q&A
- 12-1:00: Essential knots and rigging Clinic
- 1-3:00: Understanding the Fly Cast
**You Will Need: rod and reel, waders (if you don’t have them we provide them at no charge), leader, tippet.
Sunday: On The River Instruction 8AM-5PM.
Sunday will be a full day on the South Platte River and allows for us to actively observe and practice everything discussed in the classroom the previous day.
- 8-9:30: Presenting your fly, drifts, and on the river troubleshooting
- 9:30-11: Rigging up for the South Platte River, Lunch and head to the river
- 11-4: On the River Fishing Instruction to Include…
- River etiquette
- High Stick Nymphing
- Fighting, landing and safely releasing fish
- Putting it all together…
- Where to start and why?
- What fly and presentation?
- Cast, mend, set, release, repeat as needed…..Grip and grin!
For those who do not have gear we will provide you with waders, boots, rods and reels for the class.
Call us at 720-851-4665 for more on our Colorado Fly Fishing Schools. Spots are still available but going fast!